As an effective fitness exercise, swimming is also beneficial to the body. It can not only improve children's ability to adapt to water temperature and temperature, but also enhance physical fitness. However, children's swimming must be accompanied by parents and learn some useful skills, otherwise water can easily become a 'killer'. So, what should children pay attention to when swimming?
Benefits of children swimming
1. The complex movement of swimming is done under the control of the brain, so that the function of the brain will also be improved during the swimming process, which is manifested by the brain's ability to respond quickly to the external environment and good intelligence development.
2. Children often swim to make the heart muscle develop, the metabolism is strong, the heartbeat is slower and more powerful than the children of the same age, which prepares the conditions for taking on a greater physical load.
3. Children often swim, and the function of the respiratory system has also been improved, which is manifested by large lung capacity and long suffocation time.
4. Frequent swimming can consume too much fat, and use the muscles of various parts of the body to make the body evenly shaped.
5. Regular swimming can also improve the child's ability to withstand cold and disease.
Precautions for children swimming
1. Children swimming must be accompanied by their parents, and according to the children's water, age, height and other factors, try to choose a water level area with a higher safety factor for swimming. And there must be a step-by-step learning plan that suits the characteristics of the child, so that the child is interested in swimming, so as to drive the purpose of exercise.
2. Before swimming in the water, be sure to educate the child to develop the habit of preparing for the activity first, exercise the limbs, and also wipe the body with cold water to adapt to the water temperature.
3. The child's physical strength is limited, so the time in the water should not be too long. When you feel tired or uncomfortable, you should take the child ashore immediately to avoid accidents.
4. Children should not eat too much food before going into the water. Once food is pressed into the trachea, it is easy to cause suffocation. In order to replenish their children's physical strength, parents can choose to give their children moderate food half an hour before swimming, so that they are not hungry or full.
5. Children should not enter the pool immediately when they are sweating. They should wipe off the sweat with a dry towel first, and then enter the pool after the pores contract.
6. Swimsuits, swimming caps, etc. should be suitable, and do not choose swimming caps or swimsuits that need to tie the rope to the neck to avoid accidents. A pair of earplugs can also be provided for the child to prevent otitis media caused by water ingress.
7. After swimming, you can rinse your eyes with saline or use special eye drops to protect your eyes.
8. Make sure to clean the body after swimming to avoid the chemical agents in the pool water leaving the skin and causing skin allergies. At the same time, to avoid erosion of teeth by bleaching powder in swimming pool water, you can brush your teeth or rinse your mouth immediately after swimming.
9. The child should not swim for 1 to 2 weeks after healed.